Tuesday, December 21st, 2010
Today is our second day at sea. We watched the ship leave Bremerhaven at around 1am on Monday morning. People had lights, and everyone was cheering. It was truly a magical moment. The seas have been relatively calm so far, but we have been warned by Captain Tom that there are rough seas ahead tomorrow. We are in the Bay of Bisque (Spelling?) which is notorious for rough seas at any time of year. I am enjoying having the rocking of the sea put me to sleep. My room is the furthest forward as you can possibly be on the ship, so it feels the motion of the ocean the most.
I sold my first tour! It was very exciting . Tenerife sales have been going really well. I love having guests on board. The kids are absolutely amazing. It kind of feels SummerDaze-esque…because we get to interact with them and they are freakin’ adorable.
January 3rd, 2011
Today is our last full day with the trans-Atlantic cruise. We were in Castaway Cay, the private island. I didn’t get to get off the ship today, as I was one of the ones responsible for opening up the Aqua Duck for the film crew at 6:30am. Spent a few more hours there, and then moved on to monitoring the Mickey slide, Nemo’s reef and the pools. It was a very long afternoon, but I just thought about yesterday and I was okay with it.
Yesterday was our first time in Nassau. Nassau is a pretty nice place, very friendly people and very comfortable. We were surrounded by other cruise ships (Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival), and we looked the best! Our ship is breathtakingly beautiful in comparison. She’s a beaut! Heath, my manager was able to get us off the ship in the afternoon to do a site inspection of the beautiful Blue Lagoon island, about 20 minutes away from Nassau. We took a boat there, and right away we got into the water to do a Dolphin encounter program. I was so unbelievably happy the entire time. My childhood memories of wanting to become a marine biologist so I could hang out with Dolphins came flooding back. That dream started with the movie “Flipper”, and that same dolphin that played Flipper lives at Blue Lagoon, as well as the sea lion in the movie “Andre”. I can’t wait to do the Dolphin swim one day! The dolphin kissed me! I got to hug him too, oh my gosh I was so happy!
This whole cruise has been a learning experience. Disney-isms take awhile to develop, but I’m learning. I really like it here. This whole process is tiring, but overall rewarding.
PS: I am so sorry for the lack of blogs, seriously the internet sucks. Miss you all!! xoxo
So Amanda, if you sold your first tour on your second day at sea, does that mean you had guests aboard the ship for the transatlantic crossing?
ReplyDeleteI figured that part would have been just with the crew.
Amanda, I was watching Breaktfast television this morning and they showed a clip of the Dream sailing into Port Canaverel! WOW - it sure does look beautiful. I can just imagine how happy you were with the dolphins (another thing off your list of 10) or almost anyways. Love you mom
ReplyDelete