Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Finally got internet!!

I am so sorry I haven't written in awhile, the internet has been absolutely horrid! It has been extremely frustrating. I have been going through internet withdrawal (shakes and sweats), especially after the two hours that I was able to call everyone and speak to some of my loved ones.

To be honest, I have forgotten what I have done each day since the last time I posted. Every day goes by quickly, filled with lots of training and learning new things. For the past two days, we've had drills to make sure all of the crew are well versed in the safety procedures. We have a major assessment on Thursday by a company that basically says whether or not we sail...they will come around and ask us all sorts of safety questions. We have a booklet that we are supposed to know inside and out for this assessment, and for when we meet the US Coast Guard in Port Canaveral. It's pretty intense but really interesting. It's like a mini version of the navy...haha! We have two more days of drills...starting at 8am...bahh.

We've also been doing our Professional Rescuer course for the AquaDuck, which has a few changes from my NLS courses...so I have to relearn some things...We're also training on our destinations and our tours, which has been really cool. The tours offered by Disney are great!! I really want to do one of the Dolphin tours, and maybe one of the snorkeling ones...I love my job.

If anyone is interested in going on a Disney cruise, please let me know when and I can try to see if things become available! The Disney product is amazing and I already believe in it..I can't wait to begin working with the guests.

Germany has been snowy and around -2 degrees lately...last night a few of us went out for something called gru wine? (Wrong spelling, I apologize), which is warmed red wine with cider spices. It's a holiday drink found in these areas, and is quite delicious (yes, I drank a hot beverage, shocking, I know).

I miss you all. Love you Lizipooooooo (yes, that's for you my dear).

Happy Birthday Foster! xoxo

PS I am so scared for seasickness....

No comments:

Post a Comment