Sunday, January 16, 2011

Preview Cruise #3

We are now on our third preview cruise. These cruises are for Disney Cast Members and VIP’s. The CEO of the company, Karl Holz is on this cruise (again, he was also on the crossing), and other big Disney names. They are able to blend in well, I am pretty sure I dispatched one of the head honchos of the park on the Aquaduck without knowing…

Today is a day at sea. Tomorrow morning we will be in Port Canaveral again, and guess where I will be going again? Walt Disney World! All the new hires get to go to the parks since we didn’t get a full proper Traditions training (that usually takes place in Orlando, not Amsterdam…) I plan on trying to get to Magic Kingdom (to do the Teacups and It’s a Small World) and hopefully to Hollywood Studios (For Tower of Terror of course). We leave the ship at 8am and return at 6pm, so hopefully I can do it. That night is the big crew party (supposedly) because it’s our last dark night (without guests) before  having to work the Christening cruise, which is happening January 19th. GOOD MORNING AMERICA will be on deck on the 19th filming by our lovely Aquaduck, so please watch, maybe you’ll see me in my hot windbreaker 80’s ensemble.  Either way, you have to see this ship, it is so purdy.

I am trying to figure out which ship I would prefer working on…I am trying to decide between the Magic and the Fantasy (that comes out in 2012). The Magic does the Med and longer cruises right now, and the Fantasy will do 7 night Eastern/Western Caribbean cruises. Actually I don’t know why I even asked that question. I can put down a request to be on a particular ship, that’s why I’m talking about it…although the Magic is older, I really want to see if I can get there eventually because it is really Port Adventures focused and less on recreation…

I’m off to the Aquaduck now…please let me know how all of you are. I miss you all xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Will pass the word around about Good Morning America to the gang. Your fans will be watching as we want to see your ensemble and drool.
    Love you, M&D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Amanada. If we see you on TV, can I be your business agent, or else at least get your autograph?

    Take care.

    Uncle Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Amanda,
    We will be sure to watch on the 19th and tape the show. How exciting. Have fun in Disney, hold on for the ride of your life on the Tower of Terror. Tell us if you liked it! We are all wishing we could go again.
    Life here is good. Emma passed her skating test and is progressing well. Becca continues to love her piano lessons. I started yoga and I am really enjoying it. Ginger is having lots of fun in the snow and there sure is enough snow now for her to play in. We are looking forward to our trip to Great Wolf Lodge, water park. Well, maybe the kids more than Tom and I. We check your blog and keep up with your travels and adventures, and are always thinking of you. Love you lots,
    auntie Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amanda,
    We made it back home safe and sound on Monday night -- i'm feeling a whole lot better and Keith is....sound asleep in his chair with his book on his lap, but getting better each day. Once experience I don't want to relive. You can tell your friend Ry(?) they treated us very well at the Fairmont and we ended up staying not 2 nights as planned but 15 nights - ouch but had no choice! I miss my bed there a lot. keith finally read your blog the other day and guess what...."that Amanada is pretty funny - i can just picture her in the laundry room". I'm hoping to get home in Feb for my father's 80th birthday. you'll have good days and bad days but at least you have sunshine and no snow!! Keep writing and hope to catch a glipse of you on the 19th.
    Hugs & Kisses
    Dawn & Keith

    ReplyDelete