Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ship Life


So my blog has consisted of flowers and rainbows so far. And to be perfectly honest, 95 percent of my 5 weeks here on the ship have been that way. Friendship, fun and fairy tales. Today was just one of those days I was warned about. I spent almost 8 hours on the Aquaduck. I did not sign up to be a slide monitor. I did not get to get off the ship, and because of the production crew, I had to be up for 7am to get the darn thing switched on, and I worked on that bad boy till 6:30pm (with breaks, granted, but still, that was my day). My passion is for guest interaction and tourism.  Yes, I get to interact with guests but repeating the same spiel isn’t quite the ideal. I have decided that I will have to become some sort of a character onstage at the Dispatch position to keep things interesting for me and entertaining for the guests. That’s my spin and initiative as I want to keep my life here as positive as humanly possible. 

My life is in transition right now, and I think in some way (even though I like to ignore these things) I am feeling it. I am happy but I am emotionally drained. It’s a lot of pressure adjusting to something completely different. I miss the comforts of doing something that I know and that I’m good at. I miss touring and my interactions there…I’m hoping that when we start escorting excursions that it will fill the void I feel without being on tour. I miss Quebec City, the Dag, The Loews, sitting in Lower Town, the cute waiters at Au Relais….heck,  I even miss Ottawa. I know though, I will get to that point here. I have faith.

Liz, I found this quote today in my special box (yes, today was one of those days where I needed a quote) 

“Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding what we want and just see what happens” –Carrie Bradshaw

It’s stuck to my mirror…I like it.

PS: A boy band member is on this cruise….(No, not that boy band Lizi, the other one).

1 comment:

  1. 1. Ummm WHAT BOY BAND!?! I am confused and intruiged.

    2. Dispatch character voice request: pirate

    3. Liz likes Backstreet Boys

    ReplyDelete