Today there was a big fire in Nassau, right near the terminal at the port! It was HUGE! We had to keep the guests on the ship for awhile...and we had 1500 guests going on tours today! Luckily we didn't have to keep them on for very long, only about 45 minutes, but for us dispatching it felt like hours...Luckily everything else went well so I think most everyone had a good time. Whewf.
I got a Valentines Day card! But still no package. I am bitter whenever I see someone with a package.Seriously, the evil eyes I shoot out are pretty deadly. I feel bad for whomever is on the receiving end. Except not because their package isn't lost and they should rejoice for having their things.
Tomorrow is Castaway Cay (like every other Tuesday and Saturday) and hopefully the weather is better than last time (57 degrees Fahrenheit, now I have no idea what temperature it is in Celsius, damn Americans--and raining). The ship was rocking the most it has since the crossing. I almost fell over at Nemo's Reef. Probably the most interesting thing all day.
There is a big Valentines Day party tonight, but guess where this little miss is headed? To bed! The first party I have missed on the ship. Meh. I work at 8:30am and dammit I have to shower in the morning. So much work.
Off to sleep.
PS: Embarrassing things I have said so far: You're welcome! to people that don't say thank you, "to whom where you speaking with" which he heard as "do you know who you're speaking to" (that one was fun), etc etc...
PPS: Embarrassing things I have done so far: dropping and breaking a plate in the mess, constantly tripping over my feet in the mess, falling over the side of the Aquaduck into the runout lane when I tripped trying to grab a raft, being part of the Crew navigator as a profile stating I love the Maple Leafs, knocking my head on the top of the golf simulator computer panel once, knocking my head on top of the golf simulator computer twice, and then three times....and the list goes on. Really most of them include me not being able to walk like a normal human being but alas, what can you do...
Well Amanda it's nice to know that some things never change - tripping over your feet, knocking your head and the Aquaduck incident is like "SOOOO Amanda" it made me laugh. Never heard a thing here about the fire, glad it wasn't more serious. So sorry about your parcel.
ReplyDeletelove momma
hilarious!
ReplyDelete